Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Viva Nashvegas!

Haha.

Here I am, back in "The Ville," after a nearly sleepless night attempting to catch some Zs in the airport. I had plans of hanging out in the city for the evening- or at least the Mall of America- but those were dashed because Southwest doesn't allow baggage check before 4 hours prior to departure. There are no lockers either, due to security issues. In addition, I decided to forgo staying at my aunt and uncle's place to make things easier on everyone. We'll call my 12 hours at MSP a learning experience. Hopefully not to be duplicated. Oy.

Regardless, I am safe and glad to be back in my new hometown. God took great care of me! For example, yesterday, as I was running errands, there was construction that actually made my trip MORE productive in that it caused me to do things in a more efficient order than I had originally planned. That's a first! Secondly, I never researched baggage weight limits for my two suitcases (which fly free with Southwest- why I chose them for this trip!), and I was sure they were over 50lbs each. I prayed about it, and the two suitcases together weighed 95lbs; 48lbs and 47lbs, respectively. Amazing! Nevermind that I was granted some seriously good God time, reading and praying in the quietness of Humphrey Terminal in the wee hours of the night. God is good. :)

For today, I want to use my time well. I got an inexpensive, yet quite satisfying bite to eat at Dose.[coffee & tea] on the outskirts of the city, where I am writing this now. My original goal was to set up a lunch meeting with a connection I have in the Nashville Symphony, but I have not heard back from her or a few others I would like to speak with. Something to continue to pray about, prayer partners/warriors!

Regardless, I have a free afternoon by myself to spend as I please. I think I'll check out Williams Fine Violins, as it was recommended to me by one of the Nashville Symphony cellists. I have always appreciated the relationship I have developed with luthiers in Fargo and Minneapolis, and I know it will do me well to establish a similar relationship here. From there, perhaps I'll get some groceries or see if there are any good used book stores (I'm a sucker for these...) or unique boutiques to check out.

I am excited to get to know this new home of mine! Time to jump in with both feet!

Prayer items:
* For motivation and direction concerning work in Nashville
* For opportunities to meet with and make valuable contacts
* For the ability to ask the right questions (I have never felt like I was good at asking questions)
* For good fellowship at Village (small group) tonight- that we will be able to build up one another in Christ and grow together as friends
* For fearlessness and discernment in all things. God has proved himself faithful. I must follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment