Monday, October 3, 2011

Connecting and Confirmation

Yesterday, I was invited to attend a worship service at Journey Church in Franklin, TN. I had heard about their awesome commitment to community building through small groups as well as their non-pretentious atmosphere and teaching. I was not disappointed. In fact, there is no doubt in my mind and heart I was in the right place at the right time.

The service began with music, which is something pretty formulaic in most churches I have attended. The opening song was none other than my favorite (or very nearly favorite) song, "Your Love is Strong" by Jon Foreman from Switchfoot. Looking at the people around me, I saw few mouths moving which indicated it was a new song for them. I, however, have introduced this very song to my congregation at Calvary Church at Village Green in Moorhead, MN. I know it and know it well. The second song was Amazing Grace, aka my favorite hymn. Closing songs were "Never Let Go" which I sang and played with the Calvary Praise Band just last Sunday and Gungor's "Beautiful Things." What is Gungor's significance? It is the band with whom I came close to getting an audition in Nashville back in June, per a good friend's (who is well established in the industry) recommendation. God speaks in amazing ways. As if this wasn't enough, the sermon had a focus on jumping off the cliff- courage, adventure, which is where I am at, AND the worship leader was from Willmar, MN and had been in Fargo last week. Hmmm...

I also got to meet up with part of a small group for lunch, which was awesome! I love meeting new people and sharing how God works in our lives. Can't wait to see them and others Tuesday evening. I love this place more and more every day! Praise God!

Agenda today is to alert the masses to my being in Nashville. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment