Friday, September 9, 2011

Checklist T-16 days

16 days...

Being Kelly Aus, I naturally gravitate toward the busy end of the use-of-time spectrum. Even though I am not teaching in the conventional sense, I am running around like crazy- and feeling like I am getting nothing done.

My schedule for the past few days has involved many hours at Great Harvest Bread in the mornings and early afternoons followed by a shower, possibly a quick nap, lessons, errands, get-togethers/send-offs, and meetings. While these are important, it dawned on me today that I have just over 2 weeks to do everything I need to do in Fargo before I go off to Nashville, and I know little about what I am doing in Nashville once I get there. Much as I don't like them, I am in a bit of a "pickle."

For my friends who might be praying over me and this journey, as well as for my own sense of accountability, here is my Nashville checklist. Enjoy. And may I rely on God's strength get me through it!

  • Send an email to my relatives outlining my specific plans/understood calling so they may lift me up on this journey, and so I might encourage them with stories of God's working in my life & the lives of those I encounter.
  • GET RID OF STUFF. Sell it; Give it away; Designate what to keep; Decide what to bring now and later.
  • Mail a gift to my sister (which is long-overdue... Sorry Katie! I owe you a phone call too!)
  • Give my friend and former roommate, Jen, a proper send-off before she moves to Paris, France.
  • Communicate with the rest of my private lesson students my plans for the year and help set them up with new teachers.
  • Create a detailed budget- in addition to the very basic one I have.
  • Get the VW in for an oil change.
  • Make a list of addresses of good friends.
  • Eat at the Green Market and eat a JL Beer's burger at least once, respectively.
  • Buy a plane ticket to come back for my first Symphony Week.
  • Get legally set up in TN for subbing, etc.
  • Finalize critical details for the Reilly concert and find helpers to carry on some of my duties while I'm gone.
  • Do not let a day go by without A)Quality time in the Bible B)Quiet time in prayer C)Practicing violin
  • Make sure my website is up and running. Print business cards. Record new sound samples.
  • Start looking for potential opportunities in Nashville. (Most of this will happen once I am down there, settling in.)
  • ENJOY HOME AND FAMILY. So easy to forget, but so crucial. I am so blessed to be here and blessed to have these people in my life.
Thanks for reading. Please pray! I am more than excited to see what God has planned for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment