Friday, November 4, 2011

It's a Start

Well, readers, I have good news! I landed my first gig since relocating to the South!

It isn't huge and it isn't permanent, but it is good. I will be subbing in with the Huntsville Symphony for both Pops series in December! Yes, it is a classical gig, but I am MORE than happy to play my instrument- and get paid to do it! Hopefully this will lead to getting better connected to the musicians in my new region of residence. My feeling is that God is giving me some encouragement right now. I can tell more of His provision. I can take joy in meeting a new challenge with a fine orchestra. I can do what I do well in a new community of people. For this I am thankful. I pray this is only the beginning (and I have every reason to believe that there is more to come!)

On the flip side, I found out a dear friend of mine, whose dream came true in being cast on Broadway, was just told her show has been postponed indefinitely. She may never get the chance to perform her role (swing/understudy to the leading lady) in this show. She is disappointed and I am disappointed for her. There is good in knowing she was cast. That she is worthy of such a role, but questions have to be going through her head and heart about why her dreams came so close- only to be "postponed indefinitely."

I had a similar experience when I thought things were going to work out to play for BarlowGirl last December. God had placed this thing on my heart to be ready to go on a moment's notice for something like that. I even had a bag packed for a month prior because the conviction was so strong (not specifically Barlowgirl- but any band that needed a fill- in violinist). And then, against all odds, I was asked to play. I couldn't believe it. I probably called every close friend and family member who had been praying for this very thing at 11:30 at night. 36 hours later, I was told it would not work out because of the price of plane tickets. It was a huge disappointment. I really pressed into God for answers as to His purpose in it not "working out." I prayed they wouldn't forget me. God answered that HE hadn't forgotten me- and never will. This has given me peace and strength to go forward in faith, and what a journey it has been so far (um...no reference intended, but that did work well, didn't it?)! Bring on the next thing, Lord. Make me ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment