Thursday, August 11, 2011

I did it! Finally!

Good afternoon, all!

Thanks to some good accountability and help from my brother and his friends, I cleaned out my last remaining classroom space and turned in my keys. It was surprisingly easy and immensely freeing. There's definitely no turning back now! I'm experiencing that peace that transcends all understanding, bit by bit. For whatever reason, hard as it is to say goodbyes to beloved students and colleagues, there is everything right about the move I am making.

God is taking care of the details in amazing ways. I am speaking of where I will be living in Tennessee. The situation is astonishing in the best of ways. I found this place via Twitter, of all things. A person/acquaintance I follow re-tweeted someone's tweet about needing trustworthy Christian roommates in the Nashville area this fall. Hmm... That alone caught my attention, as I had just begun my search for living accommodations in the area.

I inquired and received a response right away. The price was right, although the location was a bit out of the way from Nashville itself. Upon doing a bit of research, I found that the location is actually AMAZING due to its proximity to not one, but three school districts, availing me the opportunity to substitute teach and/or teach lessons. It is not IN Nashville, which affords me some peace and focus (AKA- Reality vs. the lack of in the big city of Nashville where Music Industry is the reigning king), but it is close enough to be readily available for auditions, ministry and gigging. Also, it is 25-30 min. from my relatives in the area.

As if that wasn't good enough, it is my dream home. Truly. Since I was a little girl, THIS is the house I have pictured. Brick (SO smart), white trim, pillars, and just outside of town. Not too huge, but not teeny either. One can see the stars clearly there. It has a porch. It has a PORCH!!! Um...can you say, fresh squeezed lemonade + a wonderful book, enjoying God and His creation? Or a gathering of good friends, just talking and looking at the stars? Sigh. And I knew nothing of this when I began to inquire, but it has unfolded into what is really the perfect situation for me at this time. Did I mention it has a breakfast nook*?!?

I will not be moving until the end of September because I have to tie up my loose ends in Fargo, and the house is undergoing a few repairs and renovations. I cannot help but consider John 14 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
A place is being prepared here too. So I may effectively follow, serve and grow. I praise God for this sense of anticipation and for the encouragements I am receiving by the day. May I not forget to work hard at everything I do nor fear the hard things I must yet do!

*Breakfast nook: Not to be confused with Nook, the ebook reader from Barnes and Noble. We are speaking of THE ultimate test of a good living space.

No comments:

Post a Comment