Monday, August 8, 2011

God and Money

This one will be quick.
Have you ever worried? Yeah. Me too.

Last week, the thermostat light came on my car, which has happened a couple of times in the past, but it turned off simply by shutting the car off and starting it again. Except this time. It stayed on, so I quickly came home from my EARLY morning bakery shift to check my VW manual. Everything there warned me to take it in ASAP or risk totally ruining my engine. After a phone call to my older brother, Jason, I decided I better make an appointment to take it in.

I hoped and prayed this wouldn't cost me much, as insurance is due this month for the car and I have had several unexpected bills and such this summer. I was really hoping to meet my savings goal for living in TN for a year. Frugally, yes, but definitely able to eat, sleep, breathe and maybe even drive to an audition or two. An unforeseen mechanic bill did not make me feel terribly overjoyed.

I wrote the check for the cracked cooling system tank(?) and labor(it was, at least $15-30 cheaper than I was originally quoted), knowing this was less than a whole new engine AND system later on, trusting God to make the finances work out. I arrived home, a little disappointed, but glad for a working vehicle which will once again take me to my new home in the South. I checked the mail, and there it was. A check I did not expect. Apparently, I was due a tax refund, and mistakes were fixed- in my favor! Aside from feeling like I just drew a good Monopoly card, I was overcome by the faithfulness of God. Despite my doubt, despite my sin and rebellion, He saw my need and provided for it. I have no need for worry in this or any other situation. God has been very good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment