Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Freedom!

So, lots of funny things have happened recently.  Let's begin, shall we?

We left off with my move.  I struggled at first and stepped forward in blind obedience with a protesting heart.  Now, I stand more blessed than I could imagine and on firmer spiritual ground.

Funny how obedience and faith work together like that.  Oh, I am thankful!

Here's how it went down:  I sent the message on a Thursday saying my other plans weren't going to work and I still needed a place to live. I moved in that Monday, with the help of friends.  Tues.-Thurs. I dog-sat at a friend's house, and Friday I began the long drive to Fargo, ND, stopping in Bellevue, NE to stay the night.  I was still feeling uneasy and had not even unpacked in my new abode.

Staying with my friends in NE was the best thing that could have happened.  You see, I was met face-to-face with people who know and have known me for many years.  We love each other like family and rejoice in each other's presence and quirks.  There is no pretense.  There is only respect, truth and the joy of freedom in fellowship.  Oh, how I needed to be reminded of this.

Upon reaching Fargo, more of the same. 


Then, I had lunch with my very dear friend Melinda.  Over our 8 years of knowing one another, there have only been a couple of instances where we have felt the Holy Spirit move to tell the other something specific.  That day, we both heard something.  I can't speak for Mel, but what she told me helped to change my heart about something huge- within hours.  By the time I went to bed that night, I was free of this big thing that I had held on to for far too long and had been weighing me down in an even bigger way.

Free! 

And ready to hear from God about something new.

And I did!  What happened over the rest of my vacation was awesome.  Even an injured ankle was turned into a blessing. My brother and I shared some great experiences.  Now he has gone back home, and I am beginning new routines in my new house in Nashville. 

God is so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment